Find your local branch

unnamedLatest Reports:

Click here to view the latest Board Report, dated 15 May 2019.

Education Awards

Members and their Children receive education awards to assist with education costs. Awards are available for Secondary and Tertiary education. 

Awards for Higher Tertiary Education

The Awards for Higher Tertiary Education are designed to assist and encourage Manchester Unity members, or their children, to undertake full-time tertiary study in a wide range of areas (Tertiary study is intended to be widely interpreted – university, polytechnic, teachers  college, trade apprenticeship, etc., as long as the course is full time, for a minimum of a year, leads to a recognized trade, professional or educational qualification and is within New Zealand).

Up to four Awards may be approved each study year. Two Awards will cover the term of a degree at $2,500 per year. Two Awards will cover the term of study at $2,000 per year.

In addition the successful applicants receive free Manchester Unity membership and a $10,000.00 Funeral Plan for the term of their study. At the end of their study they can continue with the membership and Funeral Plan at their own cost.

Applications for the 2019 study year are now closed.

Meet this year’s recipients of the Higher Tertiary Education Award!

Need more information about Awards for Higher Tertiary Education? Check our Higher Education Award Leaflet or Email us…

Grants for Secondary Education

Read about this year’s recipients of the Secondary Education Grant.

Each year we give up to 10 grants of $500.00 to children of members starting Year 9 the following year.

You can apply for the 2020 study year anytime up to the 30th of November. To apply:

  1. Read the Education Grant Criteria 2019
  2. Download and print an Education Grant Application 2019.
  3. Membership of Manchester Unity is required. If you are not an existing member, download the Membership Application Form. A membership fee is payable in addition to the premium.

Complete the application and send it to your Lodge Secretary or Fraternal Administrator.

Need more information about Grants for Secondary Education? Email us…