Find your local branch


For more information on Conversion, click here.


Already a member, check out the questions below. Not a member? Click here…

How do I change my contact details?
To change your contact details please click here and fill out the contact form or call us on 0800 101 842.

How to pay your dues - direct debit, credit card or internet banking?

How do I set up a direct debit from my bank account?

To set up a direct debit from your bank, open the Direct Debit form, complete and post it back to us at:

Manchester Unity Friendly Society,  PO Box 5083, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145

If you wish to speak to one of our team members, call us on 0800 101 842 with your bank account details and we will set this up for you.

How can I pay my premium by credit card?

If you wish to make an immediate credit card payment, have your credit card details available and call us on 0800 101 842 or access the online credit card payments option and follow the instructions provided to make the payment online.

Please make individual credit card payments for each membership.

Alternatively, print off the Authority for automatic credit card payments, complete and post to us at:

Manchester Unity Friendly Society,  PO Box 5083, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145

or email it to

We accept following credit cards only – MasterCard and Visa

Can I pay by internet banking?

Our preferred method of payment is direct debit or credit card, however we appreciate you may prefer to pay by internet banking.

If you are having trouble finding MU listed on your banks “Bill Payments” list, or your bank is not listed, please use this account number:

02-0536-0065080-005 and follow the instructions below.

  • Please include your name and your MU membership number in the appropriate fields so that your payment can be correctly allocated to the desired membership.
  • If the payment is for multiple memberships please state all membership numbers to allocated funds correctly.
  • Please make your payment by the due date stated on your policy account. MU will process the payment on the next business day.

If you would like to set up a direct debit/automatic credit card authority, please call us on 0800 101 842 with your bank account or credit card details on hand.

How do I change the bank account or credit card number for my payment authority
To change your bank account number or credit card details call us on 0800 101 842. Remember to have your bank account or credit card details available. Alternatively you can  download the Authority for Direct Debit or Authority for automatic credit card payments, complete and post it back to us at:

Manchester Unity Friendly Society,  PO Box 5083, Lambton Quay, Wellington 6145


What payment frequency options does Manchester Unity offer?
We currently offer four payment options:

Fortnightly (direct debit only)

Monthly (direct debit / credit card)

Quarterly (direct debit / credit card)

Annual (direct debit / credit card)

Credit card payments are debited on the 15th of the month.

Please call us on 0800 101 842 if you would like to discuss which payment options suit you.

How can I check what is covered under my Medical Insurance?
Providing you know what plan you have, check out our Medical Insurance page. Here you will find brochures for all of our plans. If you still have questions or are unsure which plan you have, give us a call on 0800 101 842.

My account was being paid out of the Credit Union and now I find it not. Who do I contact about this?
For members who held a Savings Account with Manchester Unity Credit Union (based out of Napier); these accounts were transferred to NZCU Baywide, contact them on 0800 229 943. If your Savings Account was held with Wellington District Manchester Unity Credit Union; this is now closed and all accounts have been paid out. You will need to set up a new automatic payment, direct debit or other method. Contact your local lodge or call 0800 101 842 for assistance.

Does Society charge a fee to a Consolidated Lodge or my Sharefund for administrating the funds held at Society?
No. There is no fee charged.

Am I able to get a UFS Chemist discount?

Not all areas have UFS chemists.  Check here to see if there is one in your area. Each area has its own rules regarding who can receive the member only discount.  You should contact the local representative to find out the conditions in your area.

How do I book a Home and how far ahead can I book?
To book a Home click here. If you are booking for a week, you can book six months in advance from the last day of your intended booking. If you are booking for less than a week, you can book 2 months in advance.

Upon shifting to another area in NZ do I transfer my membership to the Lodge in that area or not?
You don’t need to but you may wish to, moving between consolidated Lodges then there is no problem. If you are moving from an unconsolidated Lodge then you need to be aware that you may have a Lodge Sharefund with that Lodge that will have rules about transferring it. Check with your current Fraternal Administrator/Secretary for additional information.

Can I be an Officer in a Lodge other than my own Lodge?
Presuming that “own Lodge” means that Lodge you first joined, then yes. You can be an Officer in another Lodge and even be an Officer in two or more Lodges at the same time. However you do need to be an initiated, registered or honorary member of the Lodge where you hold office.

If my Lodge is looking to consolidating, will my management fee go up?
No, management fees in Consolidated Lodges have not increased since the Lodge consolidated. This does not mean that in the future they may increase as the cost of postage and printing continue to increase. The same would apply whether your Lodge was consolidated or not.

Not a member?

How do I join Manchester Unity?
Information about joining Manchester Unity can be found here.

Can anyone join Manchester Unity?
Generally speaking anyone can join Manchester Unity Friendly Society.  There are some conditions:-

  • You need to be over 15 years old.
  • You need to agree to agree to abide by the rules of Manchester Unity.
  • If you have been previously expelled from Manchester Unity and want to rejoin, the Board of Directors has to approve your application. 

What kind of events take place?
Lodges have some form of social activity on their meeting nights to help members get to know one another better and from these many lasting friendships are formed.

Outside the meetings, Lodges join together in social activities with an emphasis on family participation, such as Christmas functions, sports days, picnics, movie nights and much more. To find an event near you, check out our Upcoming Events.

Where is my nearest branch?
To find your local branch click here.

If I join do I need to sign up to a product, like Medical Insurance?
No, you do not need to sign up to a product.

If I join do I have to partake in meetings and social events?
No. We do, however, encourage all of our members to take advantage of the full range of benefits Manchester Unity offer.