Manchester Unity Friendly Society recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal and financial information. As an organisation offering financial services Manchester Unity needs to obtain personal information about you in the course of providing our products and services. Because this information is confidential and important to you, we think it’s important you know how we treat your information.
Manchester Unity assures you that:
We understand your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting your privacy in the online environment.
We only use your personal information to:
- Help us to provide our products and services;
- Improve our service;
- Inform you of products you have indicated an interest in;
- Inform you about additional services.
Manchester Unity will not sell your information to third parties. We may in the future contact you to inform you of new services and products available from Manchester Unity or any of the Manchester Unity associated companies. If you do not wish to receive these offers kindly telephone us toll free in NZ on 0800 101 842.
To ensure full security you will need to take appropriate steps to ensure that your Internet browser is keep up to date and is capable of supporting our website’s encryption requirements. Our website does not collect personal identifying information about you except where specifically requested by you or us.
It is also important that you know that to transact with Manchester Unity you do not necessarily need to enable your browser to accept the cookies. Please note some information and/or services may not be available if you disable your browser not to accept cookies.
Please also note that while the Manchester Unity website hyperlinks to various other websites. Manchester Unity is not responsible for the privacy practice of those websites and/or the reliability of the information published on those websites.
Privacy Act 1993
Under the Privacy Act 1993 we advise that:
The Manchester Unity website contains applications which collect personal information about you (“Information”) so that Manchester Unity can offer you its products and services, process your application, carry out credit checks, verify your identity and monitor your on-going credit-worthiness.
This Information is being collected and held by Manchester Unity, PO Box 5083, Wellington 6145.
The intended recipients of the Information are Manchester Unity Friendly Society, other providers of credit, credit reference agencies, research and/or marketing firms engaged by Manchester Unity; and
Failure to provide, or the supply of incorrect Information may result in your application being declined or services being withdrawn;
You have rights of access to, and correction of, Information. By completing an application, you agree to authorise the following:
- You agree that your Information held by Manchester Unity may be used to advise you about other products and services;
- You authorise Manchester Unity to obtain, use and disclose any and all your Information for the purposes set out above and you further authorise the release to Manchester Unity of any Information held by credit reference agencies and credit providers for the purposes set out above;
- You authorise Manchester Unity to disclose Information held about you to other credit providers, credit reference agencies and any other party that is authorised by you from time to time.
- You authorise Manchester Unity credit reference agency to:
- Hold your personal information on its systems and use your personal information to provide its credit reporting services;
- Provide your personal information to its customers when they use its credit reporting services.
- You authorise Manchester Unity to use its credit reference agency in the future for purposes related to the provision of credit to you.
- You authorise:
- Manchester Unity to give its credit reference agency information about any default in your payment obligations;
- Manchester Unity credit reference agency to give information about your default to its other customers.
For more about privacy issues and legislation in New Zealand we encourage you to visit the Privacy Commissioner’s website at: www.privacy.org.nz.